MAGPIX® is the simplest, most affordable, and most compact of Luminex’s xMAP® instruments. This compact multiplexing unit performs up to 50 different tests in a single reaction volume and reads a 96-well-plate in just 60 minutes. MAGPIX features self-cleaning routines and magnetic bead compatibility (with MagPlex® beads), making the instrument easy to learn and easy to use. MAGPIX can be ordered with a laptop PC instead of a desktop PC.
Experience the power of MAGPIX and perform up to 50 tests in a single reaction volume.
The MAGPIX system features an innovative design based on CCD imaging technology that allows for a more compact, robust system. It’s also easy to operate and maintain with streamlined start-up and shutdown protocols and minimal maintenance requirements. And MAGPIX is supported by a broad menu of commercially available assay kits, as well as reagents to build your own assays.
Key MAGPIX Features
- Multiplexing: Up to 50 analytes per sample
- Sensitivity: Approximately 106 copies of DNA or single-digit picogram levels of protein
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥ 3.5 logs
- Read Time: 96-well plate in ≤ 60 min (up to 4,800 tests/hour)
- Daily Start-Up/Shut-Down: ≤ 15 min
- Foot Print: three ft linear bench space
Let MAGPIX empower your research with:
- Affordability: Benefit from an affordable multiplexing solution that costs up to 4X less than comparable ELISA assays.*
- Versatility: Transition to multiplexing at your own pace and exponentially grow your data.
- Flexibility: Achieve a wider array of goals with the ability to analyze both proteins and nucleic acids.
- Compact size: Reduce clutter with a compact instrument requiring less linear bench space.
- Efficiency: Measure up to 50 targets in a single reaction volume and dramatically reduce sample input.
- Assay support: Leverage a broad array of commercially available kits as well as reagents for user-developed assays.
|Multiplexing Capability||Up to 50 individual analytes|
|Reagent Compatibility||MagPlex® magnetic microspheres|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||≥ 3.5 logs|
|Microplate Type||96-well plate|
|Reading Speed||96 wells ≤ 60 mins|
|Sample Temperature Control||35° – 60° C (95° – 131° F)|
|Sample Volume Uptake||20 – 200 μL|
|Auto Adjust-Probe Height||Yes|
|Daily Start-Up||≤ 15 minutes|
|Reporter Channel Excitation||511 nm|
|Classification Channel Excitation||621 nm|
|Power||110 – 120 VAC or 200 – 240 VAC and 50 – 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||16.5 cm W x 60 cm D x 43 cm H (6.5" W x 23.5" D x 17" H)|
|Weight||17.5 kg (38.5 lbs)|